Clean Energy Communities
At the local level, Clean Energy Mission works with municipal governments to create healthy and sustainable communities for people to flourish and grow.
Today, Clean Energy Mission provides a suite of technical consulting services to more than 40 Michigan municipalities. We conduct greenhouse gas inventories and establish revolving energy funds to help support clean energy projects for years to come.
Using our knowledge and experience, we design and implement projects that put resources to work quickly, ensuring we leave a lasting, positive impact in the communities we work with.
We do this with partners like the State of Michigan, the U.S. Department of Energy, private corporations, and local governments. Together, we help communities evaluate clean energy choices, manage already tight sustainability-related budgets, and balance competing priorities.
So whether you’re just beginning your sustainability journey, or you have made significant progress, Clean Energy Coalition helps you move forward confidently and with purpose.
Clean Energy Communities assists local governments with a variety of climate and energy services and programs, including:
- Benchmarking building energy use
- Conducting municipal energy audits
- Implementing energy efficiency projects to reduce facility energy use
- Installing renewable energy systems
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Establishing and implementing sustainable policies and practices
- Designing and implementing innovative energy programs
- Conducting outreach and education programs
- Developing financing solutions to fund municipal programs
- Grant writing