» Clean Energy Coalition Seeking Michigan Fleets for Clean Diesel Funding Assistance Program
Clean Energy Coalition Seeking Michigan Fleets for Clean Diesel Funding Assistance Program
May 11, 2012
Clean Energy Coalition is now assembling a large proposal for EPA-OAR-OTAQ-12-05 and is seeking partnerships with entities that own and operate diesel fleets in Michigan.
The funding will support the purchase of eligible diesel emission reduction solutions including:
- Exhaust Control Technologies (up to 100%)*
- Clean fuels (cost differential)*
- Engine upgrades (up to 50%)*
- Verified idle reduction technologies (only if paired with exhaust control)*
- Locomotive idle reduction technologies (up to 50%)*
- Shore connected and truck stop idle reduction (up to 25%)
- Verified aerodynamic technologies (only if paired with exhaust control)*
- Low rolling resistance tires (only if paired with exhaust control)*
- Certified engine repowers (up to 50%)*
- Non-road vehicle/equipment replacements (incremental cost for new vehicle or up to 25% for replacement)*
- Highway diesel vehicles and equipment (incremental cost for new vehicle or up to 25% for replacement)*
- Drayage truck replacement (50% of the cost of eligible drayage trucks – 2007 or newer heavy-duty engine)*
Eligible diesel vehicles, engines and equipment may include buses, medium-duty or heavy-duty trucks, marine engines, locomotives and non-road engines, equipment or vehicles used in construction, handling of cargo (including at a port or airport), agriculture, mining or energy production (including stationary generators and pumps).*
For details about EPA’s National Clean Diesel Funding Assistance Program, visit the program’s website on epa.gov.
*Funding restrictions and eligibility requirements apply.
Entities with interest in this opportunity must contact Clean Energy Coalition Project Manager Laura Palombi at firstname.lastname@example.org or (734) 585-5720, ext. 22 no later than Wednesday May 16, 2012.